Certification & Affiliations
Greenwood Industries commitment to excellence manifests itself in many forms, including support of and active participation in numerous federal, local government, and industry-related organizations.
With technological innovation advancing Greenwood’s roofing capabilities, we are proud to offer our customers with best-in-class solar panel roofing solutions that best fit their needs. Our team of roofing professionals is up-to-date with the latest information on solar panels and solar photovoltaic technology, and would be more than happy to help you reach your renewable energy goals.
More commonly referred to as solar panels, a photovoltaic panel converts sunlight into electricity using solar cells. On a solar photovoltaic (PV) roof, an interconnected solar PV panel system is mounted to the roof of a building or home and either stores, directly uses, or feeds captured energy into a large or small electrical grid for general use.
There are many benefits to using a roof-mounted solar PV roofing system. In addition to providing your home or business with a constant source of renewable green energy, solar PV roofing systems can dramatically reduce heating and cooling costs. Additional benefits of solar PV panel roofing systems include:
- In the long run, a renewable energy green roof will pay for itself in utility savings
- Thanks to improved technology, PV panels now look like normal roofing shingles and tiles
- Unused power can be sold to a utility company
- In many states, subsidies and tax credits are available to offset the initial costs of a photovoltaic green roof system. These credits include incentives from the Fed and utility companies, accelerated depreciation resulting in payback over just five years of usage, and the revenue gained by the sale of energy.
- It is anticipated that solar photovoltaic panels costing $225,000 will create total incentives, savings, and revenue of over $450,000 during a 25 year period. On top of that, everything comes with a twenty-five year guarantee.
- 25 years of energy production for your company and Renewable Energy Credit sales to utility companies will create a profit for your business.
"Each of the projects had many difficulties and challenges and we were especially pleased with Greenwood’s persistence and efficiency during the construction phase."
Edward Stewart, Gale Associates