Location: New York
The General Manager (GM) will lead all aspects of the company’s operations in the state of New York, Hudson Falls and New Windsor office. The GM is responsible for ensuring production teams are equipped and managed effectively to ensure annual profitability targets in this territory are met or exceeded. Must have roofing and/or construction experience and knowledge.
The General Manager Duties/Responsibilities:
- Will plan and oversee the daily operations of the organization to ensure goals and objectives are achieved.
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the organization’s operations division.
- Plans and organizes daily activities related to production and operations.
- Measures productivity by analyzing performance data, financial data, and activity reports.
- Coordinates with other support departments such as human resources, finance, and logistics to ensure successful production operations.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Determines labor needs to meet production goals.
- Assists with budget preparation for operations unit.
- Assists with, or prepares and updates, organization’s operations manual and policies.
- Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
- sales and operations departments, ensuring each is reaching goals set by departmental and company leadership.
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Improves customer service and satisfaction through policy and procedural changes.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization’s business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to the chief executive officer and other leadership.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management.
- Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Extensive knowledge of operations and production management.
- Ability to interpret financial data as needed to set production goals.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration, or related field required; M.B.A. preferred.
Greenwood Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.